8 Reasons You’re Hesitating To Book A Family Photoshoot glasgow
While you want to have beautiful family pictures together, there are many reasons why you choose not to have a family photoshoot. Check out the reasons below and see if they resonate with you. Remember, though, not to allow them to stop you from documenting your moments together.
Do you dream of having your own family photoshoot glasgow, but have concerns that stand in the way?
Hi, I'm Kinga the face behand family photography Glasgow
In case you don’t know me, I’m Kinga, a family photographer in Glasgow, Scotland. My blog is based on my own experience and the questions and concerns I hear from my clients. I am glad they overcame their fear and were able to participate in a family photoshoot with me.
the most common concerns before booking family photoshoot glasgow
1.We will not be able to relax in the presence of the photographer.
That’s perfectly normal. It is probably impossible to find anyone who does not feel shy when there is a photographer present. I know this from personal experience. When I’m behind the camera, I feel much better. After a few minutes with me, you will find it easier to cope. Give yourself some time. I know how to create a relaxed atmosphere so that you don’t feel tense. My goal is to help you relax. Having the models loosen up is a guarantee of gorgeous, natural shots.
Furthermore, if you want to feel better, think of me. As a photographer, I’m the one who gets into someone else’s house. Step into a stranger’s comfort zone. The one who needs to arrange a photo shoot so that you feel relaxed and engaged.
2. We can't pose
Can’t or don’t like posing? That’s great. I prefer not to pose people during my family photoshoot Glasgow. In other words, if you’re looking for one that tells you to stand stiffly in one position, smile, and pose, you’ve chosen the wrong photographer.
GWhen it comes to family sessions, I don’t want you to pose. My sessions are dynamic, and I’ll keep you engaged and moving. Here you can read about the most played games during my sessions.
3.My children won't cooperate
The main concern of parents before a child or family photo shoot is that the child or children will not cooperate. Every child has a good and a bad day. Before the photo shoot, I ask parents to discuss the photo shoot with their children. It is imperative for children to have fun during a photo session. Several times, the child had been looking forward to the session and then rebelled when it came time. It is also crucial that the parent and the photographer work together. If such a situation arises, I am prepared and have ways to persuade children to cooperate.
What can you as a parent do to make your family photoshoot glasgow successful?
- Choose the right time of day for your session. It is ideal to take family photos in the morning. Right after breakfast and after a good night’s sleep is the right time to do activities
- Do not make your children sit in front of the camera and smile. My goal is for them to be themselves with all the good and a little less good behaviour.
- Do you know the saying “A calm mom is a calm child”? It’s important to keep a positive attitude around the child since the child can sense your emotions.
- Collaborate with the photographer. Your family photo session is time for you. Enjoy it. During your time together with the family, make sure you stay focused on the kids, play with them, and enjoy time together. Please don’t stand up and smile at the camera, but rather be involved. Take part in the race with your child, throw him/her up in the air, and roll around with him/her. As soon as you are exhausted, sit down on the blanket/sofa and rest. It’s time to cuddle and wind down.
- All parents want their children to be polite and well-behaved. However, as a photographer, and above all as a mother, I know that it is important to capture your child’s personality. If your child is going to fool around during the session, please don’t stress yourself and don’t worry about me. Having three children myself, I know how it is. Your favourite photos will be those in which your children are real.
4.My house is not picture-perfect
Do you worry that your house is not photogenic for an in-home photoshoot? Is it necessary to have a house look like it was taken straight out of the Ikea catalogue to photograph a family in it? Yes, it is true. Home is the perfect place for a family photo shoot because it’s Yours. Your home doesn’t have to look like it came out of a magazine. Unlike what Instagram might suggest, it doesn’t even have to be light, bright, and airy. As a matter of fact, I prefer to photograph in smaller and darker settings.
My focus is on photographing people rather than interiors. Regardless of what your apartment looks like, I guarantee that we will capture beautiful family portraits no matter what.
How to prepare the home for the photo session
Cleaning up before a lifestyle session at home is a frequent topic. I always assure you that I don’t need a spotlessly clean apartment to create your photos. To make your photos even more stunning, there are a few things you should do.
- It is ideal to hide clutter as much as possible. Decide which room we will use for our photo shoot and then hide cable chargers and clean bedside tables. Here you can read the whole article on how to get your house ready for a photoshoot.
- As a reminder, preparing the apartment is only for your comfort, and it is not necessary. I know what the first weeks with a newborn look like (I really do) and how a house looks when a curious toddler is roaming. Therefore, take it easy, make sure you are in a positive mood for the session, and I will take care of the rest – even if it means helping with getting the bedroom ready.
- Please remember that your home is not an Ikea catalogue. It is where life happens, and I come to photograph it. I don’t expect to find a perfectly cleaned apartment, because I don’t come here to do a white glove test. Children can make messes by themselves, and the results of cleaning are often not noticeable after a few minutes.
5. I don’t like the way I look in photos
I can completely empathise with this concern. I definitely prefer being on the other side of the camera. We are all our own harsh critics when it comes to our appearance. So many mums I talk to worry about how they will appear in pictures. As a photographer, it is my job to make you feel at ease and make sure you and your family look good in photographs.
Moreover, there are a few things you can do before the shoot to help you feel better. Do you know the phrase “When I look good, I feel more confident?” If you want, you can get your hair done, and do your make-up and we can pick stylish outfits for you to wear during your family photoshoot.
On the other hand I also know that today will not happen twice. In a few years, the way you look today will not really matter. Your children change from day to day. You would one day reminisce about your current routine with nostalgia and sentiment. You’d be glad to have all those memories saved in photographs.
Would you like to know what prompted me to book our family sessions? Even if I don’t like myself in some of the photographs. My last and most significant motivation for getting in front of the camera with my family is that I want to be present in the pictures. Not just a ghost mom documenting moments from the other side of the lens, I want to be a visible part of my family. When I look back at photographs from my childhood, I’m not thinking about my mum’s weight or how many lines are on her face. Instead, I’m just glad to have photographs that I can look back at. And I’m sure it will be the same for our children – they won’t care whether we have make-up on, weigh more than we would like or have lines on our faces. They’ll just be glad we are there.
6. professional family photoshoot glasgow is too expensive
Yes, it is a large one-time expense. Would it be possible to capture precious family memories for just £ 50. A photographer’s job isn’t just about taking pictures; there’s a lot more time involved in the process than just a photo shoot. In addition, your photographs become more valuable over time. One day, they will become priceless. There are several packages that you can choose from. Depending on your needs, we can split your payment. A family photo session is an investment every couple of years or once a year. The cost is not as large if you spread it out over 12 months or 24 months.
7. I don’t know what to wear for a photoshoot
Yes, Your outfit during your family photoshoot is one of the crucial aspects for the final effect of your photographs. However, in your outfit, you need to feel comfortable, attractive, and most importantly, YOU! Here you can find all my most helpful tips for choosing family clothes for your photoshoot. You don’t have to buy brand-new clothes. I believe that in wardrobes you can find the right clothes. Moreover, you have access to my client’s wardrobe. Maybe you’ll find something you like? I have a lot of interesting dresses there. Take a look here.
As you can see, you are not the only one who has concerns before booking a family photo shoot. We all have doubts. I hope I have given you enough reasons to put your hesitation aside. Your family photo shoot will be an unforgettable adventure, filled with fun and happy memories. Whatever you choose outdoor or at-home family photoshoot Glasgow.